Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Last night I put 9 eggs under the Indian Game broody. More than I had planned but as I put each egg under her she tucked them in and 9 seemed to be the right amount. One was from the Welsh Black hen who has only been with the cockerel since Saturday, so I am not sure if it will be fertile. I also set three pure Indian Game eggs, recently the eggs have been noticeably larger, so I thought it was worth a try. The rest are a mix of Australorp/Indian Game and Ixworth/Indian Game. This morning I had a quick check and she appears to be covering them all well, so approximately twenty one days from now we will hopefully have more chicks.